The first and foremost step with towards healthy eating, is maintaining a balanced variety of foods. With regards to women, there has been research done of specific foods which are certified to cure osteoporosis, heart diseases, breast cancer and even helps to tone down the hot flashes. As you continue reading, you will learn more on which particular food is perfect and suits women’s health the most.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are an easy to love food as they are easily available and juicy. They provide your body with a rich source of Lycopene and this proves to be the perfect icing on the cake. Lycopene promotes good health as it helps to lower the risk of breast and cervical cancers. There is no hard evidence with regards to any trial and tested results to prove this hypothesis. But the results are truly amazing. They work to provide protection to your body. It is best recommended to cook the tomatoes, add a little oil and this will make the Lycopene and various antioxidants readily available for you.
- Flax Seeds: This is also known as a hot ingredient among women. Flax seeds contain beneficial compounds such as plant based omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and disease fighting components which are known as lignans. As per research, flax seeds help to lower the bad cholesterol and triglycerides. The brown and gold seeds help to reduce the risk of breast cancer. However, in cases where women are pregnant or nursing, doctors suggest to avoid flax seeds.
- Kale: This is considered to be the healthiest, yet the most under appreciated leafy greens. It is a rich source of lots of good components which promote health. It consists of antioxidants such as lutein and zeazanthin that helps to protect the women’s vitamin K (which promotes bone building). As per research, it is well proved and certified that women who stick to a rich vitamin K diet, have reduced risk of hip fractures. Vitamin K helps to activate the bone proteins and thus keeps osteoporosis and various other bone density related problems away from your body.
- Salmon: This is a rich source of omega fats and extremely healthy for women. There has been research done and proved that salmon helps to beat the postpartum blues, which women face in pregnancy. If you have salmon during the third trimester, it helps to build blocks for the brain as well as the nervous system of the fetus. It provides protection to the heart. It maintains the estrogen levels and thus maintains good health of women.
- Cranberry Juice: It is always better to choose the natural way to cure diseases like urinary tract infections. Cranberry juice is highly recommended as a cure. Not only is the juice acidic but it also contains a lot of vitamin C. These are antioxidants called proanthocyanins which also contain medicinal properties. They prevent the bacteria from adhering towards the walls of the bladder. The bacteria accumulate and multiply near the walls of the bladder which leads to infection.